Let me tell you guys, getting this van back together is such a frustrating event at the moment. With the van installed we finally were able to get the headliner cut and in place but the man was cutting that headliner a bitch. We had to screw in the back part of the headliner into the top of the van and then sit on a stool and cut the hole exactly to the size of the fan and then made adjustments once it was cut. The problem? We only had a hand saw and the headliner was made out of this terrible (but sturdy) material. With the fact that the saw was used for mainly drywall, we were there for a couple of hours switching out and cutting away. Once we got the hole in place we had to make adjustments and then fight this heavy ass headliner to get in in place and then screw in a piece of pine that we purchased to hold the headliner up.
This process took us a total of 6 hours or so and it was dark when we were finally getting things in place and just when we thought we were almost done....the screws were too short. We ended up calling it a night and stopped trying to force something that wasn't going to happen. With much frustration and talk over the plan, we decided to pick it up the next day on my break. After all, we had was to get the pieces up, screw the pine in place, and then we had until Thursday to figure out storage.
So my break comes along and we finally, finally get the stupid headliners up and screw in the pieces of the board we purchased. This was to make sure the structure is secure and so the middle part of the headliner doesn't come down while I'm driving while also covering the other hole we had which in turn supported the light that used to go in the same space the piece of wood was going. With that in place with putting the side panels in to hold the headliner up and to check the side storage areas and figure out a game plan for that. The idea is to get as much of this done as possible so I don't have to take it apart again because taking it apart and putting it back together for this big construction project was a royal pain and I really don't want to do it again.
But the good news is that we are steps closer to having this van finished and im excited to see what else we can do with it.
Stay tuned for a new video of this construction. It's a big update for this van and it took a while to finally get this update finished.
The content on this site is provided without any warranty, express or implied. All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors or omissions.
All material on this site is Copyrighted by its respective authors; all rights reserved. Please contact us for permission to reprint or re-use.
|No Comments Yet.......||
User: Not logged on
|Login||Register||Top||Blog Top||Blog Topics||FAQ|